There are few better ways to discover everything New Zealand has to offer than behind the wheel of a campervan. Take in the highlights of every place at your own pace and come away with magical memories that will live with you forever.
Maui & Britz
- Branches are located conveniently close to the airports in Auckland and Christchurch. In Queenstown the branch is located inside the Airport terminal and in Wellington the branch is approximatley 40 minutes from the airport
- Maui and Britz provide free shuttle transfers to and from Auckland and Christchurch branches upon collection and return of the vehicle. A NZ$210 fee will apply at the Wellington and Queenstown depots for both pick up and drop off. If the pick up and drop off occurs in the same city, only one location fee will apply
- Baby booster seats available at $NZ36 per rental
Optional equipment must be pre-booked and is payable on collection of your vehicle
Conditions of hire
Duration of hire
- Hire is based on a daily basis (not 24 hours)
- Minimum hire period of five consecutive days (subject to change during peak periods, details on application)
- One way hires are subject to a 7 day minimum hire requirement
- All drivers must be 21 years of age or over with a valid driver’s licence which must be in English or an international permit will be required
For drivers 75 years of age or over, a medical certificate stating that the customer is fit to drive is required.
- All rentals are subject to a security deposit of NZ$7,500, which is to be paid at commencement of each hire by credit card imprint and will be refunded in full, subject to non-involvement in an accident or damage to the car. The NZ$7,500 security deposit can be reduced to zero by purchasing an excess reduction option at NZ$38 per day.
- One-way rentals are permitted. Pick-up and drop-off charges may apply, details on application
- There is no extra charge for additional drivers
- In the event of any damage to the vehicle or third party property, you will be liable for up to the first NZ$7,500
Maui and Britz have a number of optional insurance packages available at the time of hire to reduce damage liability or personal liability. These are payable direct. You should also check what is covered by your insurance policy.
Mandatory costs payable in New Zealand
- Queenstown Airport pick-up fee
- Wellington and Queenstown pick-up or drop-off fee
- Road tolls and infringements
- Diesel Tax recovery fees up to NZ$5.13 per 100 kilometers travelled