Whilst we do not insist that you take Jetset Insurance, we believe that our policies represent great value for the comprehensive quality of cover and service provided. More and more of our clients choose our travel insurance because they know they will receive the personal service and attention to detail that has always been our company's objective. For your own protection, our Booking Conditions require that you have adequate travel insurance if travelling outside of the United Kingdom.
WHY OUR INSURANCE IS THE FIRST CHOICE FOR DISCERNING TRAVELLERS Our insurance has been arranged through Citybond Suretravel, (a division of Citybond Holdings Ltd.), and is underwritten by Union Reiseversicherung AG, UK (URV) who are authorised by BaFin and subject to limited regulation by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Our multi-lingual staff at the Emergency Assistance service, provided by Travel Claims Facilities, are on call 24 hours a day, 365 days of the year and they will resolve any problem in the most efficient, suitable and practical way available at the time. Travel Claims Facilities also provide our claims assessment service and we are confident that any claims you may have will be handled quickly and efficiently.
- Cover is simple to arrange - you complete the insurance section of the booking form, including the appropriate premium with your deposit payment and cover will commence immediately.
IMPORTANT: STRICT MEDICAL HEALTH REQUIREMENTS
Your policy contains restrictions regarding Pre-Existing Medical Conditions of the people travelling and of other people upon whose health the trip may depend. YOU ARE ADVISED TO READ YOUR POLICY CAREFULLY and to read the information below and to sign the insurance declaration on the booking form.
Jetset Insurance operates on the basis that all Insured Persons are not travelling against medical advice or with the intention of obtaining medical treatment abroad. The insurance will NOT cover you if you have any undiagnosed symptoms that may require treatment in the future (i.e. symptoms for which you are awaiting investigations/consultations, or awaiting results of investigations, and where the underlying cause has not been established).
We will not pay any directly related claims if at the time of taking out this insurance or when booking a trip under a Year Round policy you:
a. have any medical conditions for which in the past 2 years:
i. you have had or are waiting for any consultations, investigations or follow-ups;
ii. you are having or have had treatment or prescription medication;
iii. you are on a waiting list for, or knew you needed surgery, inpatient treatment or tests at a hospital or clinic at the date you bought the policy or the date you book your trip;
b. have EVER been diagnosed with or treated for any of the following:
- Any Heart or circulatory condition
- A Stroke, TIA (Transient Ischaemic Attack) or High blood pressure
- A Brain haemorrhage - A breathing condition (including Asthma)
- Any type of Cancer
- Any type of Diabetes
No claim arising directly from a Pre-Existing Medical Condition affecting an Insured Person will be covered unless:
- You have declared that condition to the Underwriters; and
- You have declared any changes in your health or prescribed medication; and
- The Underwriters have accepted that condition or change in condition for insurance in writing prior to departure.
(A full definition is shown in the policy document.)
To declare a Pre-existing Medical Condition or a change in your state of health or prescribed medication, you should contact Citybond Suretravel´s Medical Screening Department, Healthcheck247, at www.Healthcheck247.com, or telephone them on 0333 207 0588 (Mon. to Fri 8.30am to 6.00pm, Sat 9.00am to 1.00pm). Please note that calls to Healthcheck247 may be monitored or recorded for audit or training purposes.
|For each Insured Person||Cover up to||Excess|
|Cancellation or Curtailment||£10,000||Nil|
|Medical & other expenses||£10m||Nil|
|Hospital Daily Benefit||£1,500 (£50 per day)||Nil|
|Personal Accident - Accidental Death
- Loss of limb or sight
- Permanent Total Disablement
|Missed Departure||£750 (Europe), £1,500 (outside Europe)||Nil|
- Single article, or Pair or Set of articles
|£3,000 (Economy Cover - £750)
£500 (Economy Cover - £100)
£500 (Economy Cover - £100)
|Personal Money||£350 (Cash), £750 (other Money)||Nil|
|Replacement passport, travellers
cheques and travel documents
Failure to declare any Pre-existing Medical Condition that is relevant to the insurance may invalidate the Policy.
If you need increased cover, please check your Home Contents policy first as most people can have their valuables insured under this policy while they are abroad for a minimal additional cost.
In accordance with guidance from the Association of British Insurers, your attention is drawn to some important features of your policy as follows:
- Policy document: You should read the document carefully. It gives you full details of what is and what is not covered and the terms and conditions of cover.
- Material Facts: You must declare all material facts that are likely to affect this insurance. Failure to do so may prejudice your entitlement to claim. If you are uncertain as to whether a fact is material, you should declare it to the Underwriters.
- Trip Limits: The policy contains strict limits on the length of time you can spend travelling abroad on each trip. Travelling or intending to travel in excess of the trip limits will invalidate any claims relating to that particular trip.
- Age Limit: There is No Upper Age Limit on our Single Trip schemes. No section of the policy shall apply in respect of any Insured Person, on Annual Multi-Trip schemes, who has reached the age of 86 years at the date of application.
- Complaints: Your insurance policy has a complaints procedure which tells you what steps you can take if you wish to make a complaint.
- Cooling off period: If, after reading your policy, you are not satisfied for any reason, you must return it to Jetset within 14 days of issue in order to receive a full refund of premium, provided that a claim does not exist and travel has not taken place.